Painter 2018 Update 1 - Readme Notes
Painter 2018 Update 1 will update the initial release of Painter 2018 to the latest version.
If you experience any issues after installing this update, we recommend that you reset your workspace to ensure that all of the new features appear correctly. You can reset your workspace by holding down the Shift key when starting the application. A dialog box appears to confirm the restoration of the factory default settings.
Support for OS X High Sierra (10.13)
- On macOS 10.13 with APFS, brush categories and brush variants now appear in alphabetical order.
- The Corel Painter installer includes a kernal extension, the Internal Audio Driver, that is affected by the new secure kernel extension loading feature on macOS 10.13 which requires that only kernel extensions approved by the user are loaded on a system. If at the end of the installation there appears a System Extension Blocked OS message, chose System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and allow Corel Corporation to load the Audio Driver extension.
- Any brush variant that uses the Selection method now works as expected.
- You will no longer experience issues with the color overlay when switching between painting with a regular brush in a selection (created with a custom selection brush) and painting with a custom selection brush.
- Brush artifacts no longer appear when you enable Pick Up Underlying Color and paint with variants from the Sargent category.
- On macOS, Corel Painter works as expected after you hide it and show it by using the Dock.
- With tracing paper enabled in multiple clone documents, you can now disable tracing paper in the active clone document and clone as expected.
- The active clone document is no longer corrupted and the application no longer stops responding after you make a selection in the clone source image.
- With tracing paper enabled in multiple clone documents, transparency in clone sources is now maintained when you disable tracing paper in the active clone document.
- Corel Painter no longer stops responding after you delete an embedded clone source image and choose a different pattern.
- When you open a file with embedded clone sources, the default source type in the Source panel is the one that was selected when you saved the document. For example, if you select Embedded Image as a source type when saving a file, the next time you open the file, the default source type will be Embedded Image.
- Now you can use any Drip or Liquid brush in legacy mode (i.e. Painter 2017 and earlier), so the brush only mixes in the current color when there is content on the layer. To use a brush in legacy mode, disable the Enhanced Drip or Enhanced Liquid check box on the property bar, and save the brush as a new brush variant.
||Version Number of Initial Release||