Painter 2020 Update 1 will update the initial release of Painter 2020 to the latest version.
If you experience any issues after installing this update, we recommend that you reset your workspace to ensure that all of the new features appear correctly. You can reset your workspace by holding down the Shift key when starting the application. A dialog box appears to confirm the restoration of the factory default settings.
Support for macOS Catalina (10.15)
- Now when you choose a file format in the Save Image As dialog box, the correct extension is added to the filename.
- The Append File Extension and Use Lower Case options in the Save and Export dialog boxes have been removed due to compatibility issues.
- After you create a custom palette by pressing Shift and dragging brush variants from the Brush Selector to the document window, you can rearrange the brush variants or remove them from the palette as expected.
- The installer no longer includes a driver that lets you select the Soundflower option and allows Audio Expression brushes to use internal audio. For information on using internal audio for Audio Expression brushes on macOS, visit the Corel Knowledge Base.
- The application no longer stops responding when you:
- run the Brush Accelerator test on some systems with NVIDIA graphics cards;
- select, switch, and resize brushes;
- select the Eraser tool or any other tool after applying and editing a gradient in the document window;
- select a different gradient while working with Express Paint;
- Corel Painter launches as expected on iMac 10.13.6 with ATI Radeon HD 4850 and ATI Radeon HD 4670.
- If you apply a gradient in the document window, then click another tool in the toolbox, and then choose the Interactive Gradient tool again, the tool now functions as expected.
- The Eraser tool now functions properly when you select a brush variant in a custom palette and switch back and forth between the Brush tool and the Eraser tool.