Painter 2017 Update 1
- Readme Notes
Important note for users of OS X Sierra (10.12): To apply this update, you must download the Painter2017Update1.dmg file directly from the web site and install it. Trying to install the update from within the application on OS X Sierra will result in an installation error.
Click here to download the update.
Painter 2017 Update 1 will update the initial release of Painter 2017 to the latest version.
If you experience any issues after installing this update, we recommend that you reset your workspace to ensure that all of the new features appear correctly. You can reset your workspace by holding down the Shift key when starting the application. A dialog box appears to confirm the restoration of the factory default settings.
Support for OS X Sierra (10.12)
- (Mac 10.12) When purchasing a brush pack, the Close button in the payment wizard is now displayed correctly.
- (Mac OS, Wacom tablet) Now Painter properly changes focus to the selected brush after you use keyboard shortcuts.
- (Windows 7 and Windows 10) The icons in the Toolbox now display correctly on second launch of Painter. If you still experience this issue after applying the update, reset your workspace.
- (Windows) All items in the following menus are less likely to be cutoff at common display settings: Window > Brush Control Panel, Tools menu (Window > Custom Palette > Add Command), Other menu (Window > Custom Palette > Add Command). Some related menu items are now grouped and appear in submenus.
- (Windows) Painter file associations now work as expected when Painter 2017 coexists with a previous version on the same machine.
- (Windows) The Help > Messaging Settings command lets you choose whether and how often to receive notifications about product updates and set other message preferences.
- Applying gradients with the Interactive Gradient tool works as expected when switching channels.
- Choosing a paper after applying a paint effect to a gradient no longer affects your brush size.
- Dual monitors: The Brush Selector appears as expected when moved to the upper-left corner of the secondary display.
- It is now easy to add nodes to shapes.
- Now when you hide all palette drawers in the Default workspace layout and exit the application, and then re-launch the application and display the palette drawer list (Window > Palette Drawers), Painter properly displays a list of all palette drawers that are available in the Default workspace layout.
- Now when you reposition a palette, hide it, and do not display it over two consecutive launches of the application, the next time you launch Painter and show the palette, it opens in the expected location.
- Painter no longer stops responding after you choose a Digital Watercolor brush, try to transform a texture, and then cancel the transformation and exit the application.
- Painter no longer stops responding when you delete content from custom palettes by using the context menu.
- Painter no longer stops responding when you manipulate nodes on captured gradients that have numerous nodes.
- Painter no longer stops responding when you remove, rename, import, or export a brush category and then try to purchase a brush.
- Painter no longer stops responding when you try to paint in the image window using a Wacom stylus pen without first creating or opening a document.
- Texture Cover brushes now work as expected when you paint on a document, then create a new document, paint on it, close it, and then paint on the first document.
- The cursor icon size no longer affects the accuracy of the sampled color when using the Dropper tool.
- The Preserve Transparency layer setting is no longer ignored when you apply a fill (Edit > Fill) while the Interactive Gradient tool is selected.
- The Scale Selection dialog box accepts new values by default so you can now complete the scaling operation by pressing Return (Mac OS) or Enter (Windows).
- There's no longer a flow map or paper shift with dab stencils when you paint on a layer versus when you paint on the canvas.
- When you reinstall Corel Painter or install it on another computer, you can restore your purchases. This will help you download the brush packs that you have already purchased and reinstall them.
- When you select a custom media library and relaunch Painter, Painter no longer reverts to the default library.
||Version Number of Initial Release
||Version Number of Update 1